Magnesium Be Calm
Image Posted on
We’ve all heard the phrase “Eating for two” but how many women take that literally? In reality, pregnant women should only be consuming about 300-500 extra calories a day.
We know that not all calories are created equal so when your mindset is “I can eat whatever I want because I’m pregnant” it will actually hurt you (and your baby) in the long run.
It is believed that mother’s who consume a lot of junk food while pregnant actually program their baby to have those same cravings.
Let’s change the phrase “Eating for two” to “Eating SMART for two”
Now, I’m not saying anything we need to be on any sort of strict diet. What I am saying is that eating as healthy as possible with extra healthy snacks will help keep your energy level up…nourish your growing baby…and keep the extra weight off.
Remember that you will carry the extra weight after your pregnancy which might contribute to the “baby blues”.
If you are hungry…then eat! If you want ice cream…indulge in moderation. You are creating human life after all! Experts say that it’s okay to indulge once in a while. It’s the overall diet that matters most.
Cravings can also signal missing nutrition that your body is starving for. For example: If you crave chocolate like crazy…your body is crying out for magnesium!
Also, If you experience “charlie horses” at all during pregnancy you might just need some magnesium.
Cutting down the size of your indulgent treat with help cut calories and satisfy all the same!
Next time you crave something ask yourself…Am I really hungry or do I need some comfort. Sometimes just a glass of water and a nice, warm bubble bath might do the trick.
Remember that everything you eat…the baby eats too!
- Eat as much fresh, whole food as you can to help your baby grow as healthy as possible.
- A few necessities during my pregnancy are : Smooth Vitality which is a Raw, Vegan meal replacement shake that you can add in with your regular meals or as a snack. Green Vitality is a 25 raw, organic greens powder that you can sip on through out the day! Magnesium Be-Calm which keeps those charlie horses away and helps me feel good.
Plan out healthy snacks and carry them around with you to avoid a hunger attack.
- Make your own trail mix with almonds, raisins, pumpkin seeds, small serving of raw dark chocolate..etc, a banana/apple/pear with peanut or almond butter, or fresh veggies with hummus.
Don’t forget to move! Stretching/Yoga and Walking are amazing and not very strenuous at all.
- It will help keeps those unnecessary pounds of my utilizing the calories that you are consuming.
Relax when you can. Being stressed out while pregnant can actually create a lot of problems to your little one such as pre-term labor!
- Taking a bath with Lavender or Frankincense Essential oils will help relax you (which relaxes your baby too!)
If you are interested in trying out Smooth Vitality, Green Vitality, and Magnesium Be-Calm…check out
Following these guidelines have worked for me personally. I’ve had an amazing experience with my last pregnancy as well as this one so far 🙂
With Max, I gained a total of 17 lbs and was able to walk out of the hospital in my pre-pregnancy clothes. The only maternity item I bought was a more comfortable bra and a belly band! All women are different but keeping the mindset of “Eating SMART for two” will help keep unwanted weight gain down and your energy level up. Which will make you very happy once the bundle of joy has arrived!
Thanks for reading!